Friday, December 4, 2009

Some Firsts

I had NEVER used Photoshop to edit photos, let alone create layouts for cards.  I have lots of experience doing cards and invitations using real materials, and typically don't like "one layered/boring cards" but thought I'd switch it up this holiday season.

A great friend of mine, Lori, asked me to take her family's photographs for their Christmas card this year.  I happily accepted and here is a glimpse of what came from the day.

I'll post some of the individual photos later (I'm at my parents house in Michigan)... here is the card I created from the photography session:



THEN, I attempted to take my OWN photos for our Christmas card.  Pierson was not the best behaved, but I was able to get a few cute ones.  Then, I designed a photo card using my favorite pattern.... houndstooth!



Here are some more shots from the day...







2 comments:

  1. They look great! Do your talents never end?! :) If I had known, I would have paid YOU to design our card this year! I'm going to remember this next Christmas!
    Amanda Carson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love 'em they are GREAT! Plus, your kids are so cute! =)

    ReplyDelete